<< back to Sermons
Are We In The End Times Part 2
Watch a video of the sermon.
Listen to the sermon. You could also download the sermon.
This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. In accord with our non-profit mission to share the Word of Yahweh, we use the material only for that non-profit mission. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
Read about the sermon.
Are We Really Living in the End Times?
Brief Review of Last Message
- Our goal is to determine whether we are really living in the end times.
- We talked about general prophecies and specific prophecies. General: born in Bethlehem (many males are born in Bethlehem). Born of the tribe of Judah (many males are born of the tribe of Judah) Specific: betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. That’s very specific, not everyone is betrayed by 30 pieces of silver. He will be pierced in both hands and feet, not many people are pierced in hands and feet.
- Last week we talked about the prophecies Daniel saw. We saw Nebuchadnezzar’s statue. We determined that those were nations that would rule the earth.
- [Image 1 – Nebuchadnezzar image]
- We determined that the European Union is the revived Holy Roman Empire.
- [Image 2 – European Union]
- [Image 3 – EU flag]
- We also saw that the beasts or animals of Daniel are nations that exist today. The lion is Great Britain, the eagle and the man is the United States, the leopard with four heads is Germany, and the wings of a foul on the leopard is France.
- [Image 4 – Daniel four beasts]
- We didn’t talk much about the ten-horned beast. We will talk more about that today, YHWH-willing. Also, the Scripture says that the nations symbolized in Daniel will exist at the coming of Yahshua.
- We also saw that John saw the same beasts in Revelation. But he saw them together. That tells us that the nations would exist at the same time.
- [Image 5 – Revelation beast]
- Let’s now look at the events that lead to the Great Tribulation. Ever wondered why the Great Tribulation?
- First need to know: the final seven years of Daniel begin when Antichrist makes a strong covenant with many for seven years.
- Daniel 9:27, “And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.” Let us note that half-week. We know that in this prophecy a day refers to one year. So one week refers to one year.
- It will probably be through the United Nations and the Palestinian Authority for Israel’s right to exist. Remember, all the fighting against Israel has to do with the covenant YHWH made with Abraham about that land belonging to Israel (Genesis 17:7,8).
- [Image Jewish Temple - http://www.christians-standing-with-israel.org/second-temple-jerusalem.jpg ] DOES NOT EXIST TODAY! That’s just a model!
- Covenant will allow for building of the Jewish Temple. Also the Temple Mount will come under a sharing arrangement, meaning Jews and Moslems will have to share that mountain for their worship. Right now Jews can’t build their temple because something else is there. The Al Aqsa mosque is there. [Image: http://lostislamichistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Dome_of_Rock_Temple_Mount_Jerusalem.jpg]. Jews worship at their western wall nearby here [Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/Westernwall2.jpg]
- We know this is true because it is written in Revelation. John is told to measure the temple but to leave the outer court because it is trodden by the gentiles.
- Rev 11:1,2: Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, 2but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.
- This shows that Jerusalem and the temple mount will come under international control so as to prevent the constant fighting there. World leaders are currently working to achieve this.
- Also 42 months is important. It says the nations will trample the holy city for 42 months. Does the trampling for 42 months have any significance? Well, we determined that Antichrist will make a covenant with many for seven years. But in the middle of the seven years he will put an end to sacrifice and claim to be God to all people. That’s the beginning of the Great Tribulation because Yahshua said when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel stand in the Holy Place, those that are in Judea flee. That’s the beginning of the Great Tribulation. Also pray that that day does not fall on a Sabbath (Matt 24:15).
- We also know this because 42 months is 3 ½ years. That’s right in the middle of seven years. 42 months = 3 ½ years. In Daniel 12:11, we are told, “And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.” So it says from the time that covenant is confirmed to the time that the offering is set up and the Antichrist stands in the holy place will be 1290 days. Do your math. Again, that’s 3 ½ years.
- [Image 9 – Tribulation length]
- Then again we are told in Daniel 12:7, And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished. This is talking about the latter half of the 3 ½ years. This is talking about the tribulation. A time, times, half a time refer to the same thing. A time is one year, times is two years, and half a time is half a year.
- So, tribulation lasts 3 ½ years and not 7 years like many people teach. The Scripture does not say the tribulation will last 7 years.
- So why the Great Tribulation? Here’s why, let’s read Revelation 12.
- [Image 10 - Revelation 12 woman - http://image.slidesharecdn.com/gods-true-church2510/95/gods-true-church-a-bible-study-on-revelation-chapter-12-16-728.jpg?cb=1394569014]
- Rev. 12:1-6, And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.
- This is a general description of Israel, the Devil, and Yahshua.
- We know the woman is Israel because she has twelve stars as a crown. She was also clothed with the sun and the moon. How else do we know that this Israel?
- Remember when Joseph was a boy and he dreamt that the sun, moon, and eleven stars were bowing down to him? Joseph is Jacob’s son. Jacob was renamed Israel by Yahweh. Gen. 37:9 – 11, “Then he [Joseph] dreamed another dream and told it to his brothers and said, “Behold, I have dreamed another dream. Behold, the sun, the moon, and eleven stars were bowing down to me. But when he told it to his father [Jacob] and to his brothers, his father rebuked him and said to him, “What is this dream that you have dreamed? Shall I and your mother and your brothers indeed come to bow ourselves to the ground before you?” 11And his brothers were jealous of him, but his father kept the saying in mind. That is a picture of Israel.
- The dragon is the devil as will be seen later. He tried to destroy Yahshua right? But Yahshua was caught up to Heaven. He ascended to Heaven. The woman fled into the wilderness to be nourished for 1260.
- Now this passage is a summary about Israel, the Devil, and Yahshua, but it is also a precursor for what is about to come. It is like a summary of the rest of this chapter.
- We see that John sees a great red dragon with seven heads and ten horns. We will see soon in the chapter that the red dragon is the Devil. Now wait! Seven heads and ten horns refers to those beasts that we saw. So what is this telling us? This tells us that behind these end time nations and their agenda is the Devil. The Devil is the power behind these nations and their agenda. We will see how this power and agenda is used.
- [Image 11 – combo beast]
- Now, in the beast in Revelation, we see two countries missing. We see that the Eagles wings, the United States, is not there. We also see that the wings of a foul, France, is not mentioned. The wings of the eagle, the United States, are mentioned later in Revelation.
- So the woman is Israel. The dragon is the Devil, and the child caught up to Heaven is Yahshua.
- [Image 12 – woman 12 stars]
- Rev 12:7-17, “Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. 9And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. 11And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 12Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”
- So here we see something interesting. There’s war in Heaven. Why would there be war in Heaven? Let’s look at the Devil and his agenda. Now, when most people read this verse about the Devil and his angels, the demons, being cast down to the earth, they think it’s talking about the past. They think it’s talking about the time YHWH kicked the Devil and the demons out of Heaven because the Devil desired the throne of YHWH. But with further analysis, we’ll see that this is a future event.
- Yes, the Devil and demons have been cast down to earth, but passage in Revelation is future event.
- Why war in Heaven? The Devil has wanted to be worshipped like YHWH for a long time. Also the Devil and the demons have been working very hard to destroy the work of YHWH and to get as many people to not follow God and go into the lake of fire with the Devil.
- So war in Heaven because the Devil and the demons try to take Heaven by force. They will go up into Heaven and try to take YHWH’s throne by force. But Michael, the archangel, together with the holy angels of YHWH fight back and throw the Devil and the demons out. Also, there is no place found for them in Heaven.
- Many people think that because the Devil and the demons were cast down from Heaven then they have no access to Heaven but that’s not true. They do have access to Heaven because we see that Satan was with angels who presented themselves before YHWH in Job 1:6.
- But we also know that there is nothing unrighteous and unholy around YHWH. So is this a dilemma? How can unrighteous and unholy demons enter Heaven? Some say that in Job 1:6, the angels presented themselves before YHWH in the sky and not in really in Heaven, but that’s almost impossible to prove with Scripture. So then how can demons enter Heaven?
- First, we make a mistake when we think of Heaven as one room with YHWH in the middle on the throne or any other thoughts we may have that line up with Scripture. The best example of what Heaven looks like is the tabernacle.
- [Image tabernacle - http://www.templebuildersministry.com/tabernacleimages/tabernacle2enlargement.jpg]
- There’s an outer court, with an altar, a holy place, and a most holy place. Can sinners enter the tabernacle? Yes! They can. But only up to the place, the altar, where the sin is dealt with. Beyond that, your sin must be dealt with. I know only priests can enter the tabernacle but this shows our salvation. No sinners can enter heaven beyond the altar that deals with sin. Also, the throne of YHWH is found in the Most Holy Place and there is no sin in His presence.
- So, in Job 1:6, when the angels presented themselves and Satan was among them it most likely took place there before the altar. Beyond the altar, only holy things can enter. So in the future when Satan and the demons attack Heaven and try to take YHWH’s throne by force, the war is probably fought hard right there before the altar.
- Satan and the demons will be defeated and it says no place was found for them. So now, it’s not like it was before the war. Before the war, the demons were banned by they still had access to a small portion of Heaven. But now, they are banned completely from entering any place in Heaven.
- Rev 12:13, “And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.
- 14But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. 15The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stoodb on the sand of the sea.”
- So what is this passage saying now? So after the Devil and the demons have been defeated by Michael, the archangel, and the holy angels, the Devil and is angry.
- He pursues Israel, the nation, and tries to destroy it. He probably does this by influencing the United Nations (we will see why the United Nations is important soon) to pass a resolution against Israel or by enticing violence against Israel.
- Verse 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.
- So we see the eagle appearing again and coming to aid of the woman. So this looks like the United States helping Israel in its time of need. Has this happened before, yes! The United States is probably Israel’s best ally in world affairs.
- [Image – US/Israel relations - http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/us-israel-flag.jpg]
- In the 1973 Yom Kippur war, also known as the 1973 Arab-Israeli conflict, an Arab coalition of countries led by Egypt and Syria attacked Israel on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in Israel. Syria was backed by the Soviet Union. The war lasted almost 3 weeks. The United States helped Israel by airlifting tanks, artillery, ammunition, and supplies to Israel starting October 14 [Image 15: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Nickel_Grass_M60_C-5.jpg]. They used these huge planes to do that.
- Also, the United Nations has passed many resolutions against Israel. It looks like they all have to do with Israel’s right to the land YHWH gave Abraham. The United States is almost always voting with Israel. [Image – UN resolutions against Israel]
- So we see that the United States helps Israel when the Devil tries to attack her. The woman flees to the wilderness where she is nourished for a time, times, and half a time. This is also the beginning of Jacob’s trouble which leads into what we call the Great Tribulation. This fleeing to the wilderness, is also the time when Yahshua said when you see the abomination of desolation stand in the holy place flee to the mountains. The abomination of desolation is the sin of desolating (making unholy) the temple of Yahweh when the Antichrist stands up and says He is God.
- During this period the Antichrist has already risen and in power although Revelation hasn’t described him fully. But we know him from the book of Daniel.
- Notice also time, times, and half a time is also 3 ½ years.
- Verse 15 – 17, The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stoodb on the sand of the sea.
- So the Devil fails to attack Israel, the nation, using the United Nations, so he tries using natural forces. He sends a flood to destroy Israel, but the earth opens up and swallows the water. Now he is really angry. So what does he do next?
- Verse 17, 17Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Yahshua. And he stoodb on the sand of the sea.
- So the Devil fails to destroy Israel using the United Nations, tries to attack Israel using natural forces, a flood, and fails so then he goes after offspring of Israel: those who keep the commandments of Elohim and hold to the testimony of Yahshua. Who do you think that is? That’s you! This is the beginning of the Great Tribulation.
- The Great Tribulation is the expression of the Devil’s wrath on the saints. Why is he so angry? We are told in the text that because his time is short. That’s the reason for the Great Tribulation!
- Based on our analysis, this period is about 3 ½ years into the covenant, which means it’s only 3 ½ years before the coming of the Messiah. That time is very short and that’s why the Devil is so angry.
- So how does he express this anger? How does the Devil attack the saints? That is described in Revelation 13.
- Now Revelation 13 flows right from Revelation 12. Revelation 13 describes the times of tribulation of the saints more vividly. You should read the whole chapter. We’ll take a briefer look at it.
- [Image – Revelation beast]
- Rev 13:1,2 And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. 2And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear’s, and its mouth was like a lion’s mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority.
- So we see the same beasts as before here. The beast with 10 horns and 7 heads. We see the leopard, Germany, the bear, Russia, and mouth of the lion, Great Britain. The fowl, France, seems to be missing. The eagle, the US, of course is not mentioned because it flew off and has strong ties to Israel.
- Now, last week we talked mostly about the European Union and the European nations. We may end up thinking that the nations of the European Union are the only nations that form the end time world government. But that’s not accurate. We have some problems in our analysis:
- Problem #1: We know that Britain has voted to leave the European Union which would make our analysis incorrect.
- Problem #2: Russia does not consider itself a part of Europe and Russia is not part of the European Union.
- Problem #3: The Scripture itself would tell us we are not correct because in Zechariah 12 and Zechariah 14, when talking about the end times, YHWH says, “I will gather all nations against Jerusalem.” He also says, “When all the nations of the earth are gathered against Jerusalem”. We know YHWH is talking about the end times because after those passages He says He will fight those nations and then He talks about Yahshua coming and placing His feet on the Mount of Olives, Israel mourning when they realize they crucified their Messiah, and the countries that survive coming up to Jerusalem for the Feast of Tabernacles.
- So then what organization of earth combines the major nations of Europe together with Russia? Well, it’s not the European Union. It’s the United Nations.
- So we also see then that Daniel could describe the other beasts because the beasts referred to one particular nation. But the ten-horned beast he could not describe what it looked like because it is a combination of all countries on earth, the ones that are part of the United Nations.
- The ten horns are the ten toes of the image Nebuchadnezzar saw. The ten horns or toes are nations together with their leaders from the old Roman Empire and Holy Roman empires. One horn will take over 3 horns and become the greater horn. It will speak blasphemies against YHWH. That horn is talking about the Antichrist. That’s why the Antichrist has to come from among the nations of the old Roman Empire and Holy Roman Empire.
- The one horn will either kill or take over some nations among those ten nations, maybe that’s the wings of a fowl, France, is not seen. Maybe because it will be swallowed by the nation the Antichrist will come from. We’re not sure. We’ll have to see.
- [Image – United-Nations – flag]
- So the United Nations is the actual end time world government. We’ll see more proof soon.
- [Image – UN – flags]
- This beast seen in Revelation 13 has the mouth of the lion. What does that mean? Well, the lion is Great Britain. What language do they speak in Great Britain? It’s English. What is the de facto language of the United Nations and of the world? English.
- [Image 20 – Rev combo beast]]
- Verse 3 – One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast. This is referring to the Germany part of the beast.
- Verse 4 - And they worshiped the dragon, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?”. So this end time world government gets its power and authority from Satan. It’s going to be very powerful. One nation won’t be able to fight against it. As we will see in the next few verses, being a part of this system will mean worshipping Satan.
- Verse 5 - And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months. So this beast, remember, refers to the combination beast (the nations) and also to the Antichrist, the man. We see this clearly that the beast (Antichrist, the man) is thrown into the lake of fire in Rev 19:20. The beast will exercise authority for 42 months. So how long will the tribulation be? Not seven years, but 3 ½ years. That’s 42 months.
- Verse 6 - It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling,a that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them.b And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, 8and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. 9If anyone has an ear, let him hear:
- So the Antichrist will blaspheme YHWH that’s why he is anti-Messiah. Anti means against. He is led by Satan and everyone that follows him is led by Satan. He will have authority over every nation and people on earth, on all those who are not born again.
- That’s another clue that this beast we see in Revelation is the United Nations because it exercises authority over every nation.
- [Image – UN member states – just about the whole world]
- The European Union cannot do that by the United Nations can and it will. So the goal of the Devil will be to worship Satan through the Antichrist. What happens to those who refuse? Verse 9 and 10 tells us that we will be imprisoned and we will be killed.
- Verse 10 tells us that the most important things to have during that time will be endurance and faith.
- So how exactly will Satan attack the saints, those that follow Yahshua and keep His commandment? Well, let’s quickly read the next few verses.
- Verse 11 – 14, Then I saw another beast rising out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb and it spoke like a dragon.
- [Image – lamb spoke like dragon - http://mdrministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/download-2.jpg]
- 12It exercises all the authority of the first beast in its presence, and makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose mortal wound was healed. 13It performs great signs, even making fire come down from heaven to earth in front of people, 14and by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
- So we see here another beast rising out of the sea. It has two horns but spoke like a dragon. So it has the authority and power over the people like the first beast, the Antichrist but it can also do other things. It performs great signs even making fire come down from heaven.
- When we read Revelation 19:20, we are told that the beast, the man, Antichrist, is thrown into the lake with someone else…the false prophet.
- So this other beast is a religious leader whose goal is to perform signs and wonders, miracles, even making fire come down from Heaven, so that people can worship the Antichrist and worship the Devil in the process. It has two horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon. He looks like the Messiah but speaks like Satan.
- So you see we have a political leader, the Antichrist, and a religious leader, the false prophet. Remember, the ten toes of the statue Nebuchadnezzar saw? It was iron mixed with clay, a political element and a religious element. Then again, during the Holy Roman Empire we see that there were always two leaders. The political leader, the emperor, from one of the nations and then the religious leader, the Pope, almost always from Italy.
- Furthermore, we see what Satan does to attack the saints in the last verses of Chapter 13.
- Verse 15 – 18, And it [the second beast, the religious leader] was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain. 16Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave,e to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.
- So Satan will use the United Nations and the world government to create a system of suppression and oppression on all those who believe Yahshua and keep His commandments. Satan will try to crush you into unbelief so you will renounce your belief in Yahshua, the one true God.
- Those who do not take part in the mark of the beast will be killed. This false prophet will be advocating that.
- You won’t be able to buy or sell without the mark. So that means you won’t be able to have a job? So you can’t eat. Now what? That’s why we must have strong faith and endure until the end.
- Many people will be deceived into worshipping Satan. Taking the mark of the beast will mean worshipping Satan, and Rev 14:9 – 11, clearly tells us that whoever takes the mark of the beast will be thrown into the lake of fire.
- Now even though we shall be oppressed and killed, we will still fight back. Daniel 11:32 says that those who know their God will take action. Daniel 11:45 also says better part of Ammon, which is Amman, Jordan, will escape from his complete control. We know Israel will not be completely taken over because the United States helps them, and the war of Armageddon is when all the nation under the United Nations attack Israel which is just before the coming of the Messiah, according to our study. You don’t invade a nation you’re already controlling.
- Now some of you may be thinking that we don’t really have a world government and all this is too far stretched.
- [Image – dollar bill - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/United_States_one_dollar_bill,_reverse.jpg]
- Well, does anyone have a dollar bill. See the back at the seal on the left under the pyramid. It says “Novus Ordo Seclorum.” What does that mean? It’s Latin. Novus is new, Ordo is order, and Seclorum is ages. So it means “a new world for the ages” or a “new world order”. That was placed there by President Frederick Delano Roosevelt in 1935 in view of the creation of the United Nations, which would come 10 years later.
- Is there really a world government? Well, let’s look at some organizations of the United Nations:
- World Bank [Image – World Bank]
- World Court or International Court of Justice. [Image – ICJ]
- World Health Organization [Image – WHO]
- International Monetary Fund. You can replace “International” with “world”. [Image – IMF]
- World Meteorological Organization [Image – WMO]
- World Intellectual Property Organization [Image – WIPO]
- Universal Postal Union [Image – Universal Postal Union]
- International Atomic Energy Agency [Image - ] and many more!
- Also, countries that do not follow the edicts of the United Nations are sanctioned. No countries will trade with them so the country will start to suffer economic problems. We have examples like North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe. Now, when this system is implemented, the sanctions will not be based on countries they will be personal. You don’t buy or sell, no job, no money, because you refused to take the mark of the beast and worship the Antichrist.
- Know this: In Revelation there are 7 seals, 7 trumpets, and 7 bowls of wrath. These are all events that lead to Armageddon and the coming of the Messiah. The Antichrist and his armies will invade Israel and try to take it over but Yahshua will come and destroy them and set up His Kingdom.
- We saw that illustrated in the ten toes of the image Nebuchadnezzar saw, also in the beast that we talked about. Now let’s talk about the seals which include four horsemen.
- So there are seven seals. The first four seals talk about four horsemen. The last three seem to just talk about events.
So let’s read Rev. 6:1 – 6, Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.
[Image – Four Horsemen - https://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/4horsemenl.jpg]
3When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.
5When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. 6And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quarta of wheat for a denarius,b and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”
7When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.
- So what do these riders and horses mean? Many people say the rider on the white horse is the Antichrist. He looks like the Christ but is not. But that’s not exactly accurate.
- We need to understand also that the colors are very important.
- We need help interpreting this because it is not obvious at all. Well, we do get help. Do you know that the prophet Zechariah had seen some of these riders and horses hundreds of years before John saw them? He actually saw them twice. Reading Zechariah will help us understand what these riders and horses refer to.
- So, first Zechariah 1:7 – 11, On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, which is the month of Shebat, in the second year of Darius, the word of YHWH came to the prophet Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, son of Iddo, saying, 8“I saw in the night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse!
- [Image – man riding red horse]
- [Image – Zechariah – horses]
- He was standing among the myrtle trees in the glen, and behind him were red, sorrel (or brown), and white horses. 9Then I said, ‘What are these, my lord?’ The angel who talked with me said to me, ‘I will show you what they are.’ 10So the man who was standing among the myrtle trees answered, ‘These are they whom YHWH has sent to patrol the earth.’ 11And they answered the angel of YHWH who was standing among the myrtle trees, and said, ‘We have patrolled the earth, and behold, all the earth remains at rest.’
- So it appears horsemen symbolize angels from YHWH that go around patrolling the earth.
- Let’s read Zech. 6:1 – 8, Again I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, four chariots came out from between two mountains. And the mountains were mountains of bronze. 2The first chariot had red horses, the second black horses, 3the third white horses, and the fourth chariot dappled horses—all of them strong.a 4Then I answered and said to the angel who talked with me, “What are these, my lord?” 5And the angel answered and said to me, “These are going out to the four winds of heaven, after presenting themselves before the Lord of all the earth. 6The chariot with the black horses goes toward the north country, the white ones go after them, and the dappled ones go toward the south country.” 7When the strong horses came out, they were impatient to go and patrol the earth. And he said, “Go, patrol the earth.” So they patrolled the earth. 8Then he cried to me, “Behold, those who go toward the north country have set my Spirit at rest in the north country.”
- So we see again that these white, red, black and dappled horses are not horses or horsemen at all. They are spirits, angels, that go all over the world influencing people to think a certain way.
- We know we are sealed with the Holy Spirit who influences us to behave a certain way once we receive salvation right? The Holy Spirit influences us and we behave in certain ways.
- They go to countries and people and plant in them ideologies for the glory of YHWH. They are all strong so they plant strong ideologies and ways of thought.
- So then can we identify way of thought, beliefs, and ideologies all over the world symbolized by the colors of the horses in Revelation?
- Rev 6:1, Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.
- So is there any worldwide ideology symbolized by white?
- Catholicism and Christendom. Protestants came from Catholics. So it’s Catholicism and Christendom. White is also associated with Messiah
- He went conquering and to conquer. That talks about how Christianity was spread through conquest and colonization. What John saw was the powers of Europe that were Christian going around conquering the nations of the world through colonization. It’s not the way true believers are supposed to spread the Gospel but that’s what happened.
- So can Catholicism and Christendom be represented by white? Let’s look at the pope and the colors he wears [Show Images]
- Here is a catholic assembly at the Vatican, I believe [Image – Catholic assembly - http://www.tldm.org/News19/VaticanIIc.jpg]
- What color are the Pope’s clothes? [Image – pope – clothes]
- [Image – pope – clothes – 2]
- [Image – pope – clothes – 3]
- What color is Pope’s car [Image – pope – car]
- Color of Pope’s helicopter [Image]
- Color of Pope’s plane [Image ]
- Rev 6:3, When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.
- Ideologies whose colors are red? Also this ideology has caused wars and has caused the death of many people? This is Communism. Let’s look at the colors of communism. [Image http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/pic%5CM%5CA%5CMarx%20and%20Lenin%20banner.jpg], During the time when communism was in its hay day there were many killings. Stalin, the leader of Soviet Russia during World War II is estimated to have killed 50 million between 1924 – 1953. [Image https://cruxnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/stalin.jpg] China’s Chairman Mao Zedong is estimated to have killed 45 million people or more. [Image http://cdn2.gbtimes.com/cdn/farfuture/_wd9--x3uYv9831RFjds87TT81inDh78UK9uXnzcqVs/mtime:1387240108/sites/default/files/styles/1280_wide/public/2012/04/10/mao-communist-snake.jpg?itok=tHO48FJ3]
- Communist parade [Image – communist parade]
- Colors of communist country flag
- [North Korea]
- [Soviet Union]
- Rev 6:5,6 When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. 6And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quarta of wheat for a denarius,b and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”
- This one is quite hard to determine but we can get help from some of the text. The rider is holding a pair of scales. Those are scales used in buying and selling. So this has to do with markets. We also here people shouting prices of goods. So it is an ideology that’s built on markets. Another clue is that the black horses in Zechariah went to the north country. So it’s mostly northern countries that have this ideology. Do we know what it is? It’s Capitalism. [Show Images] Capitalism is built on the idea of the free market. Buying and selling with little to no restrictions. Someone shouting there is the sound of the stock market trading floor. You’ve seen people shouting on the New York Stock Exchange trading floor right? Also, we also say when you make a profit that you’re in the black. Also, the men trading on the floor seem to be wearing black.
- You can also see the timeline of these ideologies, these horses. Christendom started conquering and colonizing the world around the 1500s. Communism started around the late 1800s and continued strongly until the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. Capitalism emerged strongly during the Cold War in the 1960’s and it was capitalism vs communism that was the reason for the Cold War, the buildup of nuclear arms, and the Berlin Wall. So what about the fourth horse? Based on this timeline we should determine that the fourth horse, the fourth ideology, must be here right now and very active. Is it?
- Rev. 6:7,8, When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.
- [Image – horses – with pale horse]
- So now we have a pale horse? So this is an ideology whose color is pale. But there’s a problem with the word “pale”. When we look at the Greek, the word translated “pale” is actually chloros. Other places this word “chloros” is used is Rev 8:7, “all the chloros grass was burned up”. It was translated “green”. It makes sense, green grass was burned up. Another place is Mark 6:39 or Luke 9:14 speaking of Yahshua, “Then he commanded them all to sit in groups on the chloros grass”. Again there translated green. Rev 9:4 also “not to harm any chloros plant or any tree”. So it makes sense here but for horse translated pale. Green horse seriously?!
- [Image – with green horse]
- But yes, it is a green horse. This ideology’s color is green, and yes it is very active today.
- Green horse is Islam. Look at Islamic countries’ flags. [Images: http://cominganarchy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/islam-world-maps.jpg ], [Show other images: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-txJkh1oEZM0/UCd8MuICsPI/AAAAAAAAAg0/McHjGFjouTk/s1600/pakistan+and+islamic+flag+difference.png], [http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2014/08/12/1227022/015158-302ee5f8-21e8-11e4-bee2-80d82dcd29df.jpg ], [http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/arabisraelis-wave-islamic-flags-during-a-rally-organized-by-the-on-picture-id487750430] When the Empire State Building wanted to honor Islam during Ramadan, a Muslim holiday, what color was the building lit with? [Image http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads/2015/07/000_Was8946738.jpg]. And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth. The Scripture also tells us that it is a culture of death. People think they go to Heaven when they kill but they only go to Hell. Islam has also been the cause of war, famine, poverty which leads to illnesses.
- Rev 6:9, When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 10They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servantsc and their brothersd should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
- From my own study, I believe these are those that are killed during the Great Tribulation. It says “until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete.” Could that number be the 144,000 who will rule with Yahshua when He returns? Honestly, I don’t know. I’m not sure.
- Rev 6:12 When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, 13and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. 14The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. 15Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slavee and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, 16calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
- The sixth seal is talking about the wrath of God. Now we may not talk about the bowls of wrath because they are easy to understand. Don’t require much interpretation. This is when YHWH’s wrath starts. YHWH’s wrath is directed only to those who take on the mark of the beast.
- Rev. 16:2, So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and harmful and painful sores came upon the people who bore the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.
- The seventh seal is quite surprisingly just silence in heaven for half an hour. Rev 8:1, When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
- Not quite sure what that means. Have the angels come down to fight at the battle of His coming? Not so sure.
YHWH-willing, at another time we will continue to look at the prophecies and answer the question: Are We Really Living in the End Times?
May YHWH bless you all.