<< back to Sermons
Are We In The End Times Part 1
Watch a video of the sermon.
Listen to the sermon. You could also download the sermon.
This page contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. In accord with our non-profit mission to share the Word of Yahweh, we use the material only for that non-profit mission. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
Read about the sermon.
Are We Really Living in the End Times?
- Let’s now look at the events that lead to the Great Tribulation. Ever wondered why the Great Tribulation?
- First need to know: the final seven years of Daniel begin when Antichrist makes a strong covenant with many for seven years. It will probably be through the United Nations and the Palestinian Authority for Israel’s right to exist. Remember, all the fighting against Israel has to do with covenant YHWH made with Abraham about that land belonging to Israel.
- Covenant will allow for building of the Jewish Temple. Also the Temple Mount will come under a sharing arrangement, meaning Jews and Moslems will have to share that mountain for their worship. Right now Jews can’t build their temple because something else is there. The Al Aqsa mosque is there. [Image: http://lostislamichistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Dome_of_Rock_Temple_Mount_Jerusalem.jpg]. Jews worship at their western wall nearby here [Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/Westernwall2.jpg]
- We know this is true because it is written in Revelation. John is told to measure the temple but to leave the outer court because it is trodden by the gentiles.
- Rev 11:1,2: Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, 2but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.
- This shows that Jerusalem and the temple mount will come under international control so as to prevent the constant fighting there. World leaders currently working to achieve this.
- Also 42 months is important. It says the nations will trample the holy city for 42 months. Does the trampling for 42 months have any significance? Well, we determined that Antichrist will make a covenant with many for seven years. But in the middle of the seven years he will put an end to sacrifice and claim to be God to all people. That’s the beginning of the Great Tribulation because Yahshua said when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel stand in the Holy Place, those that are in Judea flee. That’s the beginning of the Great Tribulation. Also pray that that day does not fall on a Sabbath.
- We also know this because 42 months is 3 ½ years. That’s right in the middle of seven years. 42 months = 3 ½ years. In Daniel 12:11, we are told, “And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.” So it says from the time that covenant is confirmed to the time that the offering is set up and the Antichrist stands in the holy place will be 1290 days. Do your math. Again, that’s 3 ½ years. Then again we are told in Daniel 12:7, And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished. This is talking about the latter half of the 3 ½ years. This is talking about the tribulation. A time, times, half a time refer to the same thing. A time is one year, times is two years, and half a time is half a year.
- So, tribulation lasts 3 ½ years and not 7 years like many people teach. The Scripture does not say the tribulation will last 7 years.
- So why the Great Tribulation? Here’s why, let’s read Revelation 12.
- Rev. 12:1-6, And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.
- This is a general description of Israel, the Devil, and Yahshua.
- Explain woman is Israel.
- Explain 12 stars are the children of Israel.
- Explain great red dragon with seven heads and ten horns. We already know what the seven heads and the ten horns are. It’s the nations. But this tells us that it’s the Devil behind the United Nations, and all the one-world government. The Devil is the leader.
- Explain also a general description of what is written in coming verses and chapters.
- Rev 12:7-17, “Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. 9And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothersahas been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. 11And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 12Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”
- Rev 12:13 – 17, “And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. 15The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stoodb on the sand of the sea.”
- This leads right into Rev. 13 which talks about the Antichrist and the false prophet. Remember the iron and the clay? The political element and the religious element.
- In Rev. 13 we are told of the economic and religious system that is designed to oppress you and to crush you if you believe in YHWH.
- Now we are quickly coming to the end here.
- Let’s talk about the 7 seals found in Rev. 6.
- Know this: In Revelation there are 7 seals, 7 trumpets, and 7 bowls of wrath. These are all events that lead to Armageddon and the coming of the Messiah. The Antichrist and his armies will invade Israel and try to take it over but Yahshua will come and destroy them and set up His Kingdom.
- We saw that illustrated in the ten toes of the image Nebuchadnezzar saw, also in the beast that we talked about. Now let’s talk about the seals which include four horsemen.
- So there are seven seals. The first four seals talk about four horsemen. The last three seem to just talk about events.
So let’s read Rev. 6:1 – 6, Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.
3When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.
5When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. 6And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quarta of wheat for a denarius,b and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”
7When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.
- So what do these riders and horses mean? Many people say the rider on the white horse is the Antichrist. He looks like the Christ but is not. But that’s not exactly accurate.
- We need to understand also that the colors are very important.
- We need help interpreting this because it is not obvious at all. Well, we do get help. Do you know that the prophet Zechariah had seen some of these riders and horses hundreds of years before John saw them? He actually saw them twice. Reading Zechariah will help us understand what these riders and horses refer to.
- So, first Zechariah 1:7 – 11, On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, which is the month of Shebat, in the second year of Darius, the word of YHWH came to the prophet Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, son of Iddo, saying, 8“I saw in the night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse! He was standing among the myrtle trees in the glen, and behind him were red, sorrel (or brown), and white horses. 9Then I said, ‘What are these, my lord?’ The angel who talked with me said to me, ‘I will show you what they are.’ 10So the man who was standing among the myrtle trees answered, ‘These are they whom YHWH has sent to patrol the earth.’ 11And they answered the angel of YHWH who was standing among the myrtle trees, and said, ‘We have patrolled the earth, and behold, all the earth remains at rest.’
- So it appears horsemen symbolize angels from YHWH that go around patrolling the earth.
- Let’s read Zech. 6:1 – 8, Again I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, four chariots came out from between two mountains. And the mountains were mountains of bronze. 2The first chariot had red horses, the second black horses, 3the third white horses, and the fourth chariot dappled horses—all of them strong.a 4Then I answered and said to the angel who talked with me, “What are these, my lord?” 5And the angel answered and said to me, “These are going out to the four winds of heaven, after presenting themselves before the Lord of all the earth. 6The chariot with the black horses goes toward the north country, the white ones go after them, and the dappled ones go toward the south country.” 7When the strong horses came out, they were impatient to go and patrol the earth. And he said, “Go, patrol the earth.” So they patrolled the earth. 8Then he cried to me, “Behold, those who go toward the north country have set my Spirit at rest in the north country.”
- So we see again that these white, red, black and dappled horses are not horses or horsemen at all. They are angels that go all over the world influencing people to think a certain way. They go to countries and people and plant in them ideologies for the glory of YHWH. They are all strong so they plant strong ideologies and ways of thought.
- So then can we identify way of thought, beliefs, and ideologies all over the world symbolized by the colors of the horses in Revelation?
- Rev 6:1, Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.
- So is there any worldwide ideology symbolized by white?
- Catholicism and Christendom. Protestants came from Catholics. So it’s Catholicism and Christendom. Let’s look at the pope and the colors he wears [Show Images]
- Rev 6:3, When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.
- Ideologies whose colors are red? Also this ideology has caused wars and has caused the death of many people? This is Communism. Let’s look at the colors of communism. [Image http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/pic%5CM%5CA%5CMarx%20and%20Lenin%20banner.jpg], During the time when communism was in its hay day there were many killings. Stalin, the leader of Soviet Russia during World War II is estimated to have killed 50 million between 1924 – 1953. [Image https://cruxnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/stalin.jpg] China’s Chairman Mao Zedong is estimated to have killed 45 million people or more. [Image http://cdn2.gbtimes.com/cdn/farfuture/_wd9--x3uYv9831RFjds87TT81inDh78UK9uXnzcqVs/mtime:1387240108/sites/default/files/styles/1280_wide/public/2012/04/10/mao-communist-snake.jpg?itok=tHO48FJ3]
- Rev 6:5,6 When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. 6And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quarta of wheat for a denarius,b and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”
- This one is quite hard to determine but we can get help from some of the text. The rider is holding a pair of scales. Those are scales used in buying and selling. So this has to do with markets. We also here people shouting prices of goods. So it is an ideology that’s built on markets. Another clue is that the black horses in Zechariah went to the north country. So it’s mostly northern countries that have this ideology. Do we know what it is? It’s Capitalism. [Show Images] Capitalism is built on the idea of the free market. Buying and selling with little to no restrictions. Someone shouting there is the sound of the stock market trading floor. You’ve seen people shouting on the New York Stock Exchange trading floor right? Also, we also say when you make a profit that you’re in the black.
- You can also see the timeline of these ideologies, these horses. Christendom started conquering and colonizing the world around the 1500s. Communism started around the late 1800s and continued strongly until the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. Capitalism emerged strongly during the Cold War in the 1960’s and it was capitalism vs communism that was the reason for the Cold War, the buildup of nuclear arms, and the Berlin Wall. So what about the fourth horse? Based on this timeline we should determine that the fourth horse, the fourth ideology, must be here right now and very active. Is it?
- Rev. 6:7,8, When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.
- So now we have a pale horse? So this is an ideology whose color is pale. But there’s a problem with the word “pale”. When we look at the Greek, the word translated “pale” is actually chloros. Other places this word “chloros” is used is Rev 8:7, “all the chloros grass was burned up”. It was translated “green”. It makes sense, green grass was burned up. Another place is Mark 6:39 or Luke 9:14 speaking of Yahshua, “Then he commanded them all to sit in groups on the chloros grass”. Again there translated green. Rev 9:4 also “not to harm any chloros plant or any tree”. So it makes sense here but for horse translated pale. Green horse seriously?! But yes, it is a green horse. This ideology’s color is green, and yes it is very active today.
- Green horse is Islam. Look at Islamic countries’ flags. [Images: http://cominganarchy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/islam-world-maps.jpg ], [Show other images: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-txJkh1oEZM0/UCd8MuICsPI/AAAAAAAAAg0/McHjGFjouTk/s1600/pakistan+and+islamic+flag+difference.png], [http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2014/08/12/1227022/015158-302ee5f8-21e8-11e4-bee2-80d82dcd29df.jpg ], [http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/arabisraelis-wave-islamic-flags-during-a-rally-organized-by-the-on-picture-id487750430] When the Empire State Building wanted to honor Islam during Ramadan, a Muslim holiday, what color was the building lit with? [Image http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads/2015/07/000_Was8946738.jpg]. And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth. The Scripture also tells us that it is a culture of death. People think they go to Heaven when they kill but they only go to Hell. Islam has also been the cause of war, famine, poverty which leads to illnesses.
- Rev 6:9, When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 10They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servantsc and their brothersd should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
- Explain above briefly
- Rev 6:12 When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, 13and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. 14The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. 15Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slavee and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, 16calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
- Explain above briefly.
- Now the Trumpets
- What are these trumpets? Trumpets signify a major event that’s about to take place. We know a major event that’s going to take place
- Other Trumpets
Babylon, Mother of Harlots
- Who is this?
- Scarlet and purple: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8PGMj_vzZPo/UXGgEVJI_0I/AAAAAAAAF38/1Y-JCuYDmKM/s1600/Organizational.jpg Organizational chart. Two highest levels before reaching the pope
- Colors of cardinals and of bishops
Seven Bowls of Wrath
- Punishments to those who take the mark of the beast
- The world (UN with its key players attacking Jerusalem)
The Coming of the Messiah
- Yahshua comes in power and glory and destroys
- The rock